AsusTek Company is a recognized brand in the world of technology producing several electronic products like laptops, desktops, mobile phones, graphic cards, optical storage, WI-FI routers etc. Asus ranks under Asia’s top 10 IT companies hailing from Taiwan. Undoubtedly Asus makes some of the top notch WI-FI routers which offer uninterrupted and enhanced networking experience. So if you have got one, you clearly made a right choice. Now talking about setting up the Wireless router, you don’t need to spend extra bucks and call a technician to do it for you as with Asus, it is pretty easy. This article will help you with the wireless set up and also with the Asus Router Login. If you just want to know how to Login, you can skip this part.
First of all, do the following connections:
- Connect a LAN cable from DSL modem to the WAN port (one with the globe icon) of your Asus Router.
- Then use another LAN cable to make a connection between your router and the computer.
- Connect the power cable from DCIN port in your router to the wall outlet.
After all the connections are made, switch on the router and your computer.
Setting up your Asus wireless router for the first time? Or forgotten your old password? You need to Log-in to the same Asus Setup page for both your purpose. Find out how to Login to your Asus Wireless Router below.
How to Login to Asus Router:
- To access Asus Router, IP address you should use is 192.168.1.1. This is the default address and is applicable for any model of Asus router. Or visit http://router.asus.com and Log in to your ASUS account.
- The default Username and the default password, both are ‘admin’ for most of the models.
- AAM6310: Has default username and password ‘root’
- G-136: Has default username as ‘admin’ and password ‘epicrouter’
- N10ERT-: Has default username as ‘admin and password named as ‘password’
- RT-N12HP_B1: Also has the username as ‘admin and password named as ‘password’
- WL-520GU: has username and password both as ‘Admin’. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. So you don’t forget the capital ‘A’
Steps For Login to Asus Router:
Before you follow the steps make sure the device you are using is connected to the internet.
Step 1: Open your web browser, Google, Firefox, Yahoo, Internet Explorer whichever you have. Type the default IP address that is mentioned above and press ‘Enter’.
Step 2: A window pops on the screen ‘Windows security’ asking for username and password. Since you have forgotten your own password, you can use the default username and password.
Step 3: Click ‘OK’
Now you should be able to log-in to Asus. Change the username and password again for better security and to prevent any unauthorized access to your wireless router. On the right side of the screen, you will find a menu. Under Quick internet setup, select the ‘Check Connection’. Here you will be able to change the Router Login Name and set a new password. Remember that the password is a key to access the internet via Asus wireless router. So put a strong password which will be easy to remember. Incorporate at least one character both in upper and lower case, a symbol and digits.
Click on ‘NEXT’
- At this stage, the router will detect the type of your connection, based on which more details might need to be filled. It depends on the needs of your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
- On next page, you need to fill up the details like SSID and network key- password and tick the box where it’s written ‘2.5 GHz to 5 GHz settings’. Then click ‘APPLY’.
- ‘Completed Network Configuration Summary’ page will appear. Go through it if you want to then click on ‘Next’. Again the page for login will pop up for further authentication. Enter username and password that you have newly made and click ‘OK’.
- Finally, log out from your account.
So this was all you needed to know about Asus Router Login and set up for the first time. Now enjoy your wireless internet connection at any corner of your home or office.