Are you having trouble logging into your DLink router? Are you a new user incapable of setting up your router? Then you should go through this guide to know how you can login to DLink Router.
Routers are commonly used everywhere. It is the perfect device to share and control network in a given area. Some can be wireless while you can use others with an ethernet cable. One of the big router brands includes DLink, which is a trusted name in many households. Founded in 1986 under the title, Dataex Systems Inc, DLink has come a long way from offering Ethernet cables, WiFi routers, data cards, Ethernet cards, and dongles.
They produce devices not just for homes worldwide, but also for corporate purposes. Their prices are flexible and can be customized according to your needs. The brand sells its products via e-commerce portals and distributors around the world. Its routers are invariably utilized and come in different models. Some of the newer models include DIR-816, DIR 880L and DIR 655, to name a few. The power of a D-Link Wifi router enables you to browse the Internet for long hours, without any disruption. It is a seamless device which takes about a minute to set up.
Open DLink Router Login Page
Before logging in, ensure that the latest framework has been installed to run the device. Outdated firmware will not work on a new device, and hence you might face issues logging in. The DLink router can be easily managed, and you can set it up utilizing the below-mentioned steps:
- The DLink router will come with a default username and password, displayed at the back or bottom of the device. Locate the same before going on to the next step.
- Connect your router to your laptop or PC.
- Use the default IP address or use http://192.168.0.1.
- In the domain page, enter the username and password to successfully login to your router.
You will additionally discover a variety of other options on the domain page, including privacy settings, guest networks, hosting options, proxy block and more. You can configure these settings if you are not satisfied with the default criteria.
How To Change Wireless Settings of a DLink Router?
The absenteeism of wires for a wireless router comes handy for a lot of individuals. However, at the same time, wireless settings can leave your Internet source open to the public. To change wireless settings on your DLink router, try the following method,
- Connect your DLink router to your PC or Laptop.
- Successfully login to your router by navigating to http://192.168.0.1/ and enter the login details. Press OK to initialize.
- On the same interface, click on Setup. Further, click on ‘Wireless Settings’ to configure the changes.
- Through this interface, you can quickly change your wireless settings. Click on ‘Manual Wireless Connection Setup’ to begin.
- You have the option to enable or disable wireless settings, change the SSID, configure the wireless mode and more. Modify the settings as per your requirement and click on ‘Save Settings.’
- The new changes get committed to your router, and you can enjoy a full-fledged browsing experience, without the fear of data theft.
How To Reset the DLink Administrator Password?
It is important to note that the router password is not similar to the Wifi password. When you set up a router, you are required to input an administrator password for the device. If you cannot recall the same, the only way to fix the problem is by resetting your router. You can reset your DLink Administrator password in the below-mentioned ways,
- Ensure all devices are disconnected from the router. Once you reboot the router, it will go back to its default settings. This means that your net connection would drop till you set it up again
- Find the reset button located behind your router. It is a tiny button which you need to press for 10 seconds or so. The blinking light would turn off.
- Once the light goes off, you can let go of the button. Your router will restart now.
Restarting or rebooting your router would set all the features to default. This includes the router username and password, wifi username and passwords, firewall settings that you may have changed and other configurations. Once you turn on your router, you can proceed with the steps to log in and use a username and password for both the router and Wifi, that you will remember.
How To Change a DLink Router WiFi Password?
The encryption of your wireless router is significant since it secures your device from possible hackers. Businesses frequently change their encryption key to ensure there is no data theft since it could turn out to be a tremendous loss for the individual as well as the entire company. DLink has three encryption types which include,
- WEP or Wired Equivalent Privacy.
- WPA or Wifi Protected Access.
- WPA2, which is the second generation of the Wifi Protected Access, and hence much stronger.
Out of the three, both the WPA and WPA2 provide end-to-end encryption. The encryption is primarily the user set password. If more people are aware of the same, there will be more chances of a leak. Hence, it is recommended to change the encryption after a short duration. You can change your DLink Wi-Fi password in the following ways,
- Connect your router to your PC or laptop and navigate to http://192.168.0.1/.
- Login with the username and password, and hit OK.
- Navigate to ‘Wireless Settings.’ You can select the encryption protocols and input a new encryption key from this interface.
- Save changes to apply the new WiFi password of your DLink router.
DLink Router Default Passwords
Besides the default password mentioned on your router, you should ensure to change it after the first-time setup. This is essential for security reasons. The Internet has some default DLink router passwords that you can use to log in instead. The default passwords may vary according to the different DLink router models. However, the varieties have the following similarities that you can use while logging in,
- DLink Model DI-514, DI-524, DI-604, DI-704, DI-804 – default username ‘admin’ and password can be left blank.
- DLink Model DGL-4100, DGL-4300, DI-701 – default username and password can be left blank.
- Other DLink models – default username ‘admin’ and password ‘admin.’
Keeping the steps mentioned above in mind, you can rightfully configure your DLink Router and use it according to your convenience. Make sharing simpler, and browse at high speeds for an efficient workflow as DLink guarantees to serve you with the best in the market.