Are you encountering any issue while downloading iCloud for Windows PC?
If yes, then sit and relax because here in this article we are going to show you step-by-step how you can get iCloud installed and up & running on your Windows PC with no-hassle.
Those of you who are so-called ‘iFolks’ arguably are familiar with the iCloud services. iCloud is the online storage alternative from Apple. You can sync all your Apple devices and additionally will be able to store your pictures, documents and other necessary files across all the iOS devices.
As we know that the majority of users prefer using a Windows-based PC or laptop. If you own an iPhone and a Windows device, in normal circumstances, you will not be able to transfer the files from your iPhone to your Windows PC. Fortunately, the only luck you left with is, iCloud for Windows. It can aid you to manage to sync and share data from an Apple device to a Windows device.
iCloud for Windows?
The cloud file storage of Apple, iCloud is giving Apple users an option to store their data and sync it with multiple platforms. You can save various types of files, find misplaced items and the best of all synchronizing your vital information across cross-platform devices. At the present day, cloud services have become indispensable. Apple is regularly updating the iCloud services for users to get the most out of it. Data syncing is a broad spectrum. Apple fully understands this, and thus even Windows devices can be synchronized with various Apple flagship products at present.
Before exploring any cloud storage, including iCloud, you should follow the possible drawbacks also. For instance, you may have to deal with downtime. Any cloud-based storage feature is dependent on the internet. There is always a possibility of the cloud servers failing. In this case, you will not be able to use the services. Again, security and privacy can also become a matter of concern. Not many of us practice the methods to defend ourselves against the threats that challenge our privacy.
Nevertheless, cloud storage including iCloud has a host of advantages as well. The various pros probably outweigh the risks. We find it quite evident considering the number of people who are relying on the cloud-based services.
Facts about iCloud
When you sign-in to the iCloud services, you will get 5GB of free storage. So, you need to plan carefully about the items you want to store here. Of course, there is the option of increasing the storage space, but you will need to pay to avail the extra space.
There are wide arrays of plans you can choose from, for instance, 50GB, 200GB or 1TB. In case, you are looking for more space, check the prices and select the most suitable plan for yourself.
- 5 GB – Free
- 50 GB – $0.99/month
- 200 GB – $2.99/month
- 1 TB – $9.99/month.
Getting Started with iCloud for Windows
If you just got your iPhone or iPad, at first, you will have to sign-in to the iCloud account. Those who are using Apple devices are necessarily logged in to the service using your Apple id. Anyways, it is easy to create an Apple id.
- Firstly, you will have to open the Settings on your Apple device >> Tap iCloud >> Create a new Apple ID
- Next, it will ask you for the date of birth >> Tap Next >> first and last name >> Tap Next.
- Then you need to select your current email address or get a new iCloud email address.
- After entering your email address, create and verify your password and select a security question and type in Answer.
- You have to repeat these steps twice.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Next, click Merge or Don’t Merge to sync iCloud data from Safari, contacts, calendar, and reminder.
- Lastly, all you need to do is click OK button to confirm Find My iPhone is turned on.
- Now, you are all set to merge and sync your Apple devices.
How To Install iCloud on Windows?
You will need Windows versions 7.8.1 or 10 to download the iCloud on your PC or laptop. Then follow these steps:
- Navigate to the iCloud for Windows and click download.
- After you get the notification of download completion, open the folder where it got downloaded and initiate the installation setup.
- After the successful completion of the setup, you have to select the I accept the terms in the license agreement option and then click on Install.
- It will take some time before the installation process for iCloud finishes. Click “Finish” when the installation is complete.
- As soon as early you tap on Finish, It will ask you for Restart your PC in order to finish the installation setup.
- And then Sign In with your Apple ID login credentials.
That’s it; you have successfully installed iCloud for your Windows device. Now, you are all set to transfer your photos, mail, files, and all the other relevant documents from the Apple devices to your Window PC or laptop.
Working with iCloud on Windows devices
When your Windows device boots up after the restart, navigate to the start menu, here you will see many new icons. Alternatively, you can also find them in the “Recently added” section which is usually visible at the top left column on your screen.
The icons you will necessarily witness are iCloud Drive, iCloud Photos, Notes, Mail Contacts and other folders as well which were already present in your iCloud account. Now, familiarise yourself with these icons.
1. iCloud Drive
After opening the iCloud drive, you will notice it resembles the Windows Explorer. Therefore, you will be able to view all the files and folders. Your job is to drag the preferred documents to this window. It can be files, photos or anything, and they will immediately sync to the iCloud server.
If you want to access the iCloud drive frequently, you can pin the icon on your start menu.
2. iCloud Photos
Opening the iCloud photos will show you three options namely Downloads, Uploads and Shared. Since you are using the iCloud Photos for the first time the download and upload section will be empty. Clicking on the download photos and videos option will open a menu, and you can select the specific content you want to sync with your PC.
It is preferable to have a fast internet connection to enhance the time of file transfer. Alternatively, the upload section will let you share pictures and videos from your Windows device to the iCloud server.
Similarly, for the other options like contacts, notes, reminders, and calendars you can open your browser and navigate to the iCloud webpage. Here, you will find all the relevant details of the items mentioned above to be present.
Download iCloud for Windows today and have great fun syncing your Apple products with the Windows devices.